Reference Management Software

I now have a large base of references in my various papers and forthcoming book. I'd like to start using a reference management tool to manage this, but when I look at their import options, they mostly seem to want to be handed a file marked up in some database format for importing.

Is there any software out there that parses your existing references and imports them? I used to write these kind of filters when I worked for Ntergaid, one of the first PC hypertext companies, and I know they are error-prone. But cleaning up 5% of my references is better than trying to put 100% of them in some tab- or comma-delimited text format.

Comments

  1. Hey Gene,

    Glad to see you're still around and kicking. I was just writing some parsing code today using regexes and thought fondly of you. A quick google led me here. Hope you are doing well.

    Best
    Scott

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Scott! What are you up to? What, you thought I'd be dead by now?!

      :-)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Libertarians, My Libertarians!

"Machine Learning"

"Pre-Galilean" Foolishness